Re: Overriding bar-line behaviour

From: Matthias Hüsken
Subject: Re: Overriding bar-line behaviour
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:08:12 +0100

Ok, I give up for tonight - obviously, before writing my last mail I tested
while having the new barline definitions in scm/output-lib.scm (instead of
reverting that file).

Which means I cannot get things to work without modifying scm/output-lib.scm.
Any ideas how to put this into a .ly file are most welcome...

Matthias

Am Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011 schrieb Matthias Hüsken:
> Sorry for the noise on the mailing list - I knew it was some stupid
> mistake... I tried to override the wrong value, it should have been
>
> \override Score.BarLine #'break-glyph-function =
> #my-bar-line::calc-glyph-name
>
> instead of
>
> \override Staff.BarLine #'glyph-name = #my-bar-line::calc-glyph-name
>
> Corrected file attached. Cheers,
>
> Matthias
>
> Am Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011 schrieb Matthias Hüsken:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > while trying to change LilyPond's behaviour concerning bar lines, I
> > stumbled upon some strange behaviour. What I'd like to achieve: When
> > ending a bar with e repetition sign ":|", I need double lines ("||") at
> > the beginning of the next bar.
> >
> > I found bar-glyph-alist in scm/output-lib.scm and decided to change it to
> > the following lines (shortened for this example):
> >
> > #(define bar-glyph-alist
> >   '(
> >     ;; regular bar
> >     ("|" . ("|" . ()))
> >     ;; repetitions
> >     ("|:" . ("|" . "|:"))
> >     (":|" . (":|" . ()))
> >     (":|:" . (":|" . "|:"))
> >     ;; double lines
> >     ("||" . ("||" . ()))
> >     ;; double lines combined with repetitions
> >     ("||:" . ("||" . "|:"))
> >     (":||" . (":|" . "||"))
> >     ))
> >
> > When setting music now, everything works as expected.
> >
> > As I consider changing LilyPond's default files as hacking, I decided to
> > move the list into my .ly file (see attached file) and revert
> > scm/output-lib.scm to its original state. Unfortunately, this does not
> > work: LilyPond leaves the end of the line (where a repetition sign ":|"
> > should be found) empty, as well as the beginning of the next line.
> >
> > Does anyone have any clues what's going wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Matthias

Matthias Hüsken          Phone: +49 202 439-3362
Fachbereich Mathematik   Fax:   +49 202 439-2912
Bergische Universität
Gaußstraße 20
D - 42097 Wuppertal
e-mail: address@hidden