upgrade to 2.13.50 and LilyPondTool

From: James Lowe
Subject: upgrade to 2.13.50 and LilyPondTool
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:33:21 +0000

From: Gerard McConnell [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: 17 February 2011 11:27
To: James Lowe
Subject: Re: upgrade to 2.13.50 and LilyPondTool

Excellent, Many thanks James.
Gerard

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:

Gerard,

From: lilypond-user-bounces+james.lowe=datacore.com@gnu.org [mailto:lilypond-user-bounces+james.lowe=datacore.com@gnu.org] On Behalf Of Gerard McConnell
Sent: 17 February 2011 11:14
To: address@hidden

Hello,
sorry to bring this up, I know it's been asked before but I couldn't find the info in the docs.
I want to try out the new version; my present setup is jEdit/LilyPond 2.12.  What do I need to
reset when I install 2.13.50?  Sorry about asking this, but I use LilyPond every day and spending
several hours to figure out how to reset everything would be more stress than is good for me right now :-|
Now that I've gotten used to the great printout being without it would be a real pain!
Gerard

You don't state what operating system you use but for Windows and Mac you can simply download the 2.13 release, rename your 2.12 dir to something different and then install 2.13.x as normal.

That will work for LilyPond generally. I do that all the time, but I don't use Jedit or LilyPondTool (just notepad or LilyPad – the default editor with Mac OS).

That way I can have multiple versions of LilyPond installed to test. I can only assume that the other tools will be ok because they will be looking for the default location which by renaming your 2.12 directory and installing 2.13 will place the 2.13 in the 'standard place' and so that might be all you need to do.

James