Re: alpha test, horizontal spacing

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: alpha test, horizontal spacing
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:51:52 -0000

Hi Ralph

you wrote Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:34 PM

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM, Jan Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

I think i have an idea how to explain this bug.
I suppose it happens because LilyPond is not aware that the dot is in
voiceTwo context (and therefore lower than usual).
compile this:

{ g'4.*1/32 d''!32 g'4.*1/32 e''!32 }
{ \voiceTwo g'4.*1/32 \voiceOne d''!32 \voiceTwo g'4.*1/32 \voiceOne e''!32
}

In the upper line, the first accidental (on d'') is too low to move left (it would collide with the dot). The second accidental (on e'')
is high enough to be moved over dot. Everything fine here.
Now in the second line the music is the same except that dotted notes are in lower voice. This makes the dots move down, they are a whole staffspace lower. However, Lily fails to notice that, and engraves the
naturals exactly like in the upper line.

What's the status of this? I cannot find an issue on the tracker. Did I miss
something?

A tracker entry should be made using the example and description
that Jan provided above.  I'd rate it low.

Trevor