Re: Interaction with the score

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Interaction with the score
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:18:46 +0100

2011/2/18 Jose H. <address@hidden>:
> HI all,
> I am planning to develop an application to help musicians practice scales on
> MIDI keyboards, but I can't find the proper documentation for drawing and
> changing the score interactively.

That documentation does not exist because lilypond is not capable of that.

> Where should I look for the API to draw and change colors of notes while
> interacting with the user's input ?

Such an API does not exist AFAICT. This could be of some help:
http://lilypond.org/text-input

Jan Nieuwenhuizen is working on an interactive program that is based
on lilypond: http://github.com/janneke/schikkers-list
Graham Percival made a targeted exercises program for students:
http://percival-music.ca/research.html ,
http://percival-music.ca/tempo/

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)