Re: Lilypond-book: Adjust left page margin

From: Phil Hézaine
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book: Adjust left page margin
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:43:03 +0100

Le 16/02/2011 21:57, Daniel Dieterle a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> currently I'm working on a song book with lilypond-book.
> I would like to have equal page margins on the left and right of 1 cm.  So I
> configured the page layout with the LaTex geometry package. Lilypond-book
> adopts the staff length accordingly: The right space from the end of a staff
> line to the page border is 1 cm. But the left space from the page border to
> the beginning of the staff line is slightly larger. That bothers me, because
> the song text following the song notes is nomore aligned with the staff
> lines.
>
> I tried to solve this problem with two approaches:
> 1) With the lilypond-book option --left-padding=AMOUNT
> 2) \once \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'X-offset = #0
>
> With both approaches I have no success.
> Does anybody have an idea how I can adjust the left page margin?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> Daniel.

Hi,

I don't understand very well your problem but there are several things:
Either it is a problem with indent.
or you're in a book class and by default Latex takes in account an inner
margin value depending of the left or right page.
or you can put a \textwidth = 510pt in your preambule
or finally if you're including a separate .ly file:
\renewcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\linebreak \vspace{12pt}}
  \lilypondfile[staffsize=20,indent=1.5\cm,line-width=510\pt]{your-song.ly}
Play around with the values, of course.
May be someone on the list would be able to explain you better than me.

Phil.