Re: TextSpanner listener text scheme

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: TextSpanner listener text scheme
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:18:09 +0000

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 01:59:31PM -0800, -Eluze wrote:

> Graham Percival-3 wrote:
> >
> > Where does TextSpanner hide its text?  I'm trying to extract the
>
> i found it int the Voice context:

Woah, thanks!  That works!  Thank you so much!

I'm even more puzzled, because I didn't need that for any of the
other notation (my full \Staff contest listeners are displayed
below) -- but I'm incredibly happy that it was such a fast
response and so easy to do.

... oh wait, I just realized that with all the things, all the
info I need is inside the event; I don't need to look at the
engraver.  Ok, that makes more sense now!

Cheers,
- Graham

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists
    #(list
      (cons 'listeners
       (list
        ;; all these work
        (cons 'rest-event format-rest)
        (cons 'note-event format-note)
        (cons 'articulation-event format-articulation)
        (cons 'text-script-event format-text)
        (cons 'slur-event format-slur)
        (cons 'breathing-event format-breathe)
        (cons 'dynamic-event format-dynamic)
        (cons 'crescendo-event format-cresc)
        (cons 'decrescendo-event format-decresc)
        ;; this one fails; must be in Voice instead!
        (cons 'text-span-event format-textspan)
    )))