Re: Separate voices each on a separate RhythmicStaff

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: Separate voices each on a separate RhythmicStaff
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:20:54 +0100

2011/2/10 Ben Finney <address@hidden>:
> Howdy all,
>
> My reading of the notation reference suggests that LilyPond can
> automatically place separate voices onto separate staves, by pitching
> those voices differently.
>
> How can this be done for separate rhythm voices? I want separate voices
> (sometimes three or more) to appear on a separate RhythmStaff each.

hi,

i've just stumbled across your e-mail, however, i'm not sure if i can help you.
Is this what you mean?

\score {
  {
    \relative c' {
      \new RhythmicStaff = One { c4 d e f }
      <<
        { c d e f | c d e f | c c c c | c c c c }
        \new RhythmicStaff = Two { c4 c8 d e4 f | c d e f |
          c c c c | c c c8 b c b |}

      c4 d e f |

cheers,
Janek