Re: Hidden accidentals hiding visible ones

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: Hidden accidentals hiding visible ones
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 07:55:01 +0100

Hello Nick,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is probably user error rather than anything else, but I just wasted 20
> minutes wondering why an accidental on a note in a score was missing in the
> PDF output before realising that the same note appeared earlier in the same
> bar but in a hidden voice.

Two workarounds come to mind...

- You can use cis! to force the # to appear in the visible voice, but
you'd need quite a lot of hand work to get this 'right'.
- If the rhythm of the hidden voice and the notes are the same, use a
musical expression that is the same in both voices.

HTH!

Christ van Willegen