Re: Hidden accidentals hiding visible ones

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Hidden accidentals hiding visible ones
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 06:14:25 +1100

On 22/02/11 21:34, -Eluze wrote:

Nick Payne-3 wrote:
This is probably user error rather than anything else, but I just wasted
20 minutes wondering why an accidental on a note in a score was missing
in the PDF output before realising that the same note appeared earlier
in the same bar but in a hidden voice.

In most guitar scores I use a hidden voice for such things as
simultaneous text spanners, arpeggio brackets to indicate barring, etc.

The following example shows that the order of the voices in the source
file affects whether the accidental appears or not:

if you use polyphonic notation in one staff it is recommendable to pay
attention to the accidental-style setting

#(set-accidental-style 'voice)   makes it work as intended!

Thanks. That fixes it nicely.

Nick