How to remove all empty staves?

From: TaoCG
Subject: How to remove all empty staves?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 04:59:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I need to remove the staff in one part of a single instrument score but
\RemoveEmptyStaves seems to keep at least one Staff alive, it just removes
the staff and bar lines and the key and time signature but the bar number
stays there and occupies the vertical space of a whole staff.

Actually I have a rehearsal mark (from a predefined global frame) in this
part, I tried removing it (I'd rather not though) but it didn't have any
effect.

I hope someone knows a solution.
I attached the PDF I am currently working on to visualize my problem.

Regards,
Tao

http://old.nabble.com/file/p31019724/wantyou_bass.pdf wantyou_bass.pdf