Re: How to remove all empty staves?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: How to remove all empty staves?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:04:06 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "TaoCG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:41 PM

Phil Holmes-2 wrote:

If the music only has full measure rests for that section, then putting
this
layout block in the definition will allow the staff to disappear:

\layout {
  \context {
    \RemoveEmptyStaffContext

Phil Holmes

Actually I have:

\context {
  \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves
}

Does this make any difference?

I tried changing it to your example but the result seems to be the same.
Again I tried to remove the rehearsal mark to see if it is keeping the staff alive but apparently it's not and then only the bar number is seen taking up
vertical space for a whole staff.

I forgot to mention that I use the development version, maybe this is a bug?

Regards,
Tao

I'd be surprised if it was a bug. Please edit down the file your creating to a minimal example and post your lilypond source, so that someone can have a look for you.

--
Phil Holmes