Re: MF fonts

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: MF fonts
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:11:09 -0700

On 2/26/11 4:18 AM, "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello

Tim,

First, to answer your question, before doing make, do

rm mf/out/*

Then do

make

This will do a full compile, but nothing but the font will need to be
recompiled,.

Next, you should know that the wider mi was requested by the shape note
community in the US to obtain a better optical balance between the different
shapes.  Not that this means you should use it, but you should know it's not
just accidental.

If you want to use a narrower mi, it would be nice if you would define an
additional mi (maybe miNarrow) and *add* it to the sources, rather than
replacing the existing mi.  That way we can support you as well as the other
people who want the wider mi.

Finally, regarding your question about scaling note heads.  It is possible
to scale a note head differently in x and y if you are using it in a markup,
but as far as I know, there is no way to scale it differently in x and y as
a note head in the music.

Hope this helps,

Carl