Re: MF fonts

From: Tim Sheasby
Subject: Re: MF fonts
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:09:43 +0200

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try to compile Emmentaler with a new narrow
version of the MI but perhaps slightly deeper so it looks big enough. Examining
an old but beautiful book I have has all notes the same width but the Mi seems
to extend a tiny bit higher/lower than other notes. Probably for optical
purposes.
Otherwise I might take a short cut and redefine the size of the mi using the
stencil-scale option.

On 26 Feb 2011, at 6:55 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 2/26/11 9:45 AM, "Xavier Scheuer" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 26 February 2011 17:11, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally, regarding your question about scaling note heads.  It is possible
>>> to scale a note head differently in x and y if you are using it in a markup,
>>> but as far as I know, there is no way to scale it differently in x and y as
>>> a note head in the music.
>>
>> I'm not a dev but it should be possible to scale all the note heads
>> (i.e. not only the mi) by using  ly:stencil-scale , I think.
>
> If one wanted to scale *all* of the note heads, one could do that, by
> overriding the stencil property of NoteHead.
>
> \override NoteHead #'stencil = #(lambda (grob) (ly:stencil-scale
> (ly:note-head::print grob) x-scale-factor y-scale-factor))
>
> Note that I have *not* tested this code, so it may be slightly wrong in some
> detail.  But the general idea is right.
>
> However, this doesn't solve Tim's original problem, I think.
>
> HTH,
>
> Carl

Tim Sheasby
address@hidden