Re: How to use Markup for Barnumbers?

From: TaoCG
Subject: Re: How to use Markup for Barnumbers?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:44:51 -0800 (PST)

pkx166h wrote:

> I'm more intrigued to know why you'd have bar numbers in pairs like this.
>
> That is if they are just repeats then you are repeating bar X but if it is
> a new bar then it is a new bar if you see what I mean.

Well in my case the new bar is different to bar X in the vocal and horn
parts but is not in the rhythm section, you see?
To be precise, the harmonic structure of the song is AABAAB but the melodic
part is ABCDBC and to fit the music for the rhythm section on less pages I
am going to put it like this:
ยง |: A :| B  dal segno    (I hope this is clear)

So the repeated A part would be the B part for vocals and horns and in
rehearsals I prefer to work with bar numbers instead of rehearsal marks
that's why I wanted to have two at the same time.

Regards,
Tao