Re: Trouble Understanding VerticalAxisGroup - advice needed please

From: TaoCG
Subject: Re: Trouble Understanding VerticalAxisGroup - advice needed please
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:46:17 -0800 (PST)

pkx166h wrote:

> All the example shows in the NR is to add a '\with' between the existing
> \*Staff and the rest of the { } expression and put the \override after the
> {. So the braces are already in place.
>
> I haven't actually 'added' any new braces - again as per the example.
>
> So what is the \with doing? Because if you remove the \with you don't get
> any errors.
>
> I've tried putting the closing brace in every conceivable place but I get
> the unexpected '}' message.
>
> ?
>
> James

Maybe you should install the latest development release.
I think some subproperties of the VerticalAxisGroup properties have been
renamed (and rewritten?).
At least I remember that I had to replace #'space with #'basic-distance when
I installed 2.13.51 so the properties you are trying to override probably
aren't specified yet in 2.13.4

Regards,
Tao