"community compose" with lilypond

From: lilypond
Subject: "community compose" with lilypond
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:34:44 +0100

I would like to "compose" with the community with Lilypond.

Problem :
I play Djembé, a instrument without music notation. I would like to write using Lilypond notation. But this notation can be wrong of course. No one knows Djembé classical music notation, so no one can say it is Ok, or wrong. I would like to check the Lilypond notation by playing its midi with a Djembé soundfont.

Djembé players can hear if the sound is not good, so the notation has to be altered. I would like to use a wiki for that with the LilyPond extension. So anyone can make a (small) change and hear the difference. See f.e http://www.oscarvandillen.com/Lilypond

Can a custom soundfont be attached to the <lilymidi> ? So the sound, and thus the noation, can be checked? I would be a kind of "composing" or more writing Lilypond with the community.

If that is possible then the small Djembé community can start saving original African Djembé music. So it will not be lost.