Re: How to wreathe crescendo ?

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: How to wreathe crescendo ?
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:16:24 +1100

tobias bora <address@hidden> writes:

> When I say "How can we wreathe crescendo ?" I would like to have not many
> little horizontal lines but two diagonals line. On the dictionnary, I find
> many word like "smooth". Is it better "How can we smooth crescendo ?"
> ?

Yes, that would be clearer in English.

But what you're asking for is exactly what LilyPond produces: the hairpin
crescendo is rendered as two diagonal lines in PostScript (and from
there into the PDF).

If you're seeing that as multiple horizontal lines, that would be an
artefact introduced *after* LilyPond, and it needs to be fixed there.

--
 \         “Religious faith is the one species of human ignorance that |
  `\     will not admit of even the *possibility* of correction.” —Sam |