Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 15:50:37 -0500

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My PhD research has swept me into the direction of automatic music
> performance. �In particular, generating realistic-sounding audio
> from sheet music.

Thanks for sharing this, Graham.  Vivi seems like nice work and the
rhythm test was fun.  FWIW, your post seems to me not so off-topic.
I've been thinking for a while about broaching the subject of
LilyPond's midi output on this forum -- I feel  that this is one area
where Lily is rather behind the curve compared to her commercial
sisters. I wonder if some of your work could be applicable to helping
LilyPond generate sound that's as beautiful as the sheet music.

Cheers,
Mike