Re: How to do jazz-style bar repeats

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: How to do jazz-style bar repeats
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:32:00 +0100

Tim McNamara wrote:
I am not sure how to actually use this in a file.
The multimeasure.ly has four sections; the first two are needed to define inlineMMRN, the last two give an example of using \inlineMMRN. The example I used is a rough skeleton of Blessed Relief, whose last part corresponds to your bar-repeats.pdf. So multimeasure.ly is a standalone snippet producing a pdf with 44 bars of spacer rests (up to rehearsal mark [E]) followed by 24 bars of inlineMMRN usage (held in the "solos" variable). All those 68 bars showed up at the top of your own pdf. You don't need these example sections in your file, just the first two: "whiteunder" and "inlineMMRN". So either paste in just these two or comment out the last two. Then you have to apply inlineMMRN at each place you want it to be active.
You ask for a multi-measure rest (big R) and let \inlineMMRN move its count down into the staff.
So for 6 bars of 4/4 time you need R1*6 - like this
\inlineMMRN R1*6
And for decent horizontal proportions you need to modify #'minimum-length. Cheers, Robin