Re: adjusting horizontal spacing and page turns

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: adjusting horizontal spacing and page turns
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 20:41:47 -0500

On Mar 4, 2011, at 7:26 PM, Douglas Ridgway wrote:

I'm working on the Mozart bassoon concerto from Mutopia. I'd like to
include the tutti sections on the bassoon part, but in small notes,
because they are usually not played. I used \tiny, but the result
seems kind of stretched out, and the page turns end up in unpleasant
spots. A standalone .ly of the first movement is attached. Any advice
on improving layout? For comparison, check out the first page of the
Edition Peters scan of the bassoon part on
http://imslp.org/wiki/Bassoon_Concerto_in_B-flat_major,_K.191/186e_%28Mozart,_Wolfgang_Amadeus%29
(http://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/39385).

Thanks!
doug.