Short TextSpanner

From: Peter Buhr
Subject: Short TextSpanner
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 08:47:22 -0500

I want to have a TextSpanner that spans a single chord WITHOUT any spanner line
after the spanner text. In the example below, I want the 3 barre indications to
all line up vertically across the chords at the TextSpanner height. If the
spanner puts a line for the single chord, it forces the text above the previous
spanner. If I just use markup, I have to fuss with it to get the right vertical
height, and if I change something, I'd have to fuss with it again.
Effectively, I want to say something like:

        \override TextSpanner #'style = #'no-line

Suggestions?

\version "2.13.9"
\include "english.ly"
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")
#(set-global-staff-size 24)
notes = \relative c' {
        \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
        \override TextSpanner #'style = #'solid-line
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'right #'text = \markup {
\draw-line #'(0 . -1 ) }
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'text = \markup{
\center-align { "C3" } }
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'right #'padding = #'-1
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'stencil-align-dir-y =
#CENTER
        <c-1 c'-3 e-4 g-1>4
        \startTextSpan
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'text = \markup{
\left-align { "C5" } }
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'right #'text = \markup { "" }
        <f-1 c'-2 f-4 a-3>4
        \stopTextSpan
        \startTextSpan
        <g-3 b-2 d-1 g-1>4
        \stopTextSpan
        \stemDown
        <c, c' e g>4^\markup{ \left-align { "C7" } }
} % relative
\score {
        <<
                \context Voice = one {
                        \notes
                }

} % score

% Local Variables: %
% tab-width: 4 %
% compile-command: "lilypond --ps test2.ly" %
% End: %