Re: License for lilypond transcriptions of public domain resources

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: License for lilypond transcriptions of public domain resources
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:45:24 +0000

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 04:05:06PM +0100, Voyageur Galactique wrote:
> 1/ What license would you personnaly chose and why ?

I would use whatever was recommended by
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/index.html
since they have the most experience in this area.

> 2/ What license am I allowed to chose for engraved documents (pdf
> produced with lilypond).

There is a specific exemption in the LilyPond licenses for
embedded fonts in pdfs; you are not required to make your document
under GPL due to the fonts.

Cheers,
- Graham