Re: License for lilypond transcriptions of public domain resources

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: License for lilypond transcriptions of public domain resources
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:17:20 +0100

Am Sonntag, 6. März 2011, um 16:05:06 schrieb Voyageur Galactique:
> I wonder what license is the most adequate. A natural choice would be
> to release it as "public domain" but it seems this notion is not
> accepted in all country. I think I will release it as CC BY or CC
> BY-SA

If you want to achieve something like "public domain", but for all countries,
there is the CC0 (Creative Commons Zero), which basically says that the author
grants all rights that the law allows him/her to give away [1]:

http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

Cheers,
Reinhold

[1] The problem with donating to the "public domain" is that in many European
countries the law explicitly says that the moral right cannot be waived by the
creator. So, the CC0 says that the creator "only" grants everything he is
allowed by law.

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886