sol-fa notation

From: MING TSANG
Subject: sol-fa notation
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 08:43:05 -0800 (PST)

I am interested. How can I get hold of the excel?

<Message: 3
<Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:10:58 +0200
<From: Tim Sheasby <address@hidden>
<Subject: Tonic Sol-Fa
<To: LilyPond-User list <address@hidden>
<
<I know that LilyPond does not currently support Tonic Sol-Fa <notation. However, in my work on African Hymn I found that many <Africans are familiar with this form of notation. Most of my source <material was originally set using this format. I devised a <spreadsheet with formulas to convert bars of tonic sol-fa into <lilypond notation. Actually it just converts the d, m, r, f etc to <the appropriate a, b, c etc based on the key of the song. I added <shortcuts for adding rests and skips as well - simply using SS <instead of s and RR instead of r. Once I have entered the notes <simply copy the converted columns into LilyPond and voila!
<Tim Sheasby
<address@hidden