Re: making a TextSpanner not re-print the text after a line break

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: making a TextSpanner not re-print the text after a line break
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 02:15:08 +0100

Hello list, hello Keith,

You wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > > \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = ##f
> [ ... ]
> > This is just half of the solution I'm looking for:
> > The dashed line after the linebreak should begin together with the first
> > note in the new line, but it does begin at the big brace, and in my
> > opinion this does look quite bad.
>
> This problem was fixed in the development version (issue 654 fixed in 2.13.9)
> so
> the dashed line will be drawn correctly in version 2.14.

Okay, good to know. Thanks.

> For version 2.12, I do this:
>
> \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken X) = #8

This solves the problem with the beginning of the TextSpanner in the
next line, but together with this solution the vertical alignment of the
TextSpanner (middle of the PianoStaff) is lost, see the attached
.ly-file.

How can I correct this?

Thanks and Best Regards           Roland