Re: Using #(define fonts) gives me an ill-looking feta font

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Using #(define fonts) gives me an ill-looking feta font
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:36:39 -0800

* James Lowe <address@hidden> [2011-03-09 17:51]:

Hello,

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Sheasby <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:21:05 +0200
To: David Rogers <address@hidden>
Cc: LilyPond User <address@hidden>

Try changing the second number in the font tree parameter --> (/
myStaffSize 20)
I have been using this parameter and find this fixed a similar problem I
had. Can't remember why it had to be 20 but that's what worked for me.

That, sadly didn't change anything, I also removed/commented my
'#(set-global-staff-size 24)' in the main file and that did revert back to
the correct-looking glyphs but the staff size is now too small and *just*
using this 'define' setting seems to do nothing to the actual staff size
of my file.

The default is too small, so at this time as I still don't know what this
'myStaffSize' entry does or doesn't do and as this seems to be the only
documented way of establishing whole document fonts, I am forced
(unfortunately) to use explicit overrides in each of my sixteen scores
(sigh).

Do any 'schemers' understand this 'define' and perhaps give me some clues
on how to use this without it affecting my glyphs?

Thank you both for the tips though.

Try putting:
#(set-global-staff-size 24)

AND, in each \layout block:
#(layout-set-staff-size 24)

...while the myStaffSize are both left at 20.

--
David