Re: chorus echo to follow the tenor line

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: chorus echo to follow the tenor line
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:50:22 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "JRBryant" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:32 PM

Dear Phil:

I'm using 2.12.2. This is how the LyrictStaff section normally looks in my hymn.

Please reply-all to keep any correspondence on the mailing list.

I can't test exactly how it would work in your score, since it's clearly too complex for you to post a working score, but basically you need to use the command:

     alignAboveContext = "TheNameForYourTenorStaff"

in the definition of the tenor lyrics. I typically do this with something like:

   \new Lyrics \with {
     alignAboveContext = "women"
   } {
     \lyricsto sopranos { La la la la la la la la }
   }

However, it should work with a lyrics context definition.

The 2.13 documentation gives more example of this.

--
Phil Holmes