Preventing Custom Stencil Collisions

From: ctesta
Subject: Preventing Custom Stencil Collisions
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:15:07 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I have been working with making custom stencils in Lilypond and replacing
rests with them when I want them in scores. When I make really long
stencils they collide with the next notes in the piece. Is there a way to
define how big a stencil is so that the next note doesn't start until the
stencil is complete? Or is there a better way to accomplish what I am
doing?

Thanks,
Carl

Here is an example

\version "2.12.3"

%Custom Squiggle

openSquigStencil =
  #(ly:make-stencil
    `(path 0.3
          `(rmoveto 0 -1
                rcurveto 1 -4 4 4 8 -4
                ))
     (cons -3 10)
     (cons -1 1))

openSquig = { \once \override Staff.Rest #'stencil = \openSquigStencil }

\relative c' {
  \clef "alto"
  \cadenzaOn
  c1 g1