RE: Double Digit Fingering ie 10 11 12

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Double Digit Fingering ie 10 11 12
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:18:47 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Neil Puttock [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 10 March 2011 18:09
)To: James Lowe
)Cc: Robin Bannister; address@hidden; LilyPond User
)
)On 9 March 2011 23:18, James Lowe <address@hidden>
)wrote:
)
)> If this is true I can add an @knownissue in the Notation Reference at
)> least. Unless anyone objects?
)
)It's only true at the most basic level, i.e., using the bare digits, since
this is
)a parser limitation.  However, there's nothing stopping you from rolling
)your own commands to bypass this:
)
)ten =
)#(make-music 'FingeringEvent
)                     'digit 10)
)
)finger =
)#(define-music-function (parser location digit) (integer?)
)     (make-music 'FingeringEvent
)                        'digit digit))
)
)\relative c' {
)  c1\ten
)  <c-\finger #10 e-\finger #12 >
)}

----
Neil thanks, that's useful.

However I feel that this might be better as an @known only because this
requires a tweak/custom function.

It’s not 'out of the box'. Else we could just have the snippet (unless it's
already there - I haven't yet checked).

We could add this snippet to the LSR and then add an @known, or (someone) make
a code change to allow any digit to be generated (i.e. we use 0 - 9 but let
users have multiple instances of 0 - 9 so you can get 'fingering' markups of 9
99 99999 99999999 etc).

James