Re: Compile for Mac

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Compile for Mac
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 00:12:59 +0000

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:24:12PM +0000, Neil Puttock wrote:
> On 10 March 2011 22:08, Tim Sheasby <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Using lilydev on a Virtual Box ubuntu machine – how do I compile a Mac
> > binary?
>
> Via GUB: http://lilypond.org/gub/
>
> It's not for the faint of heart, but should be possible (if very slow)
> on a virtual machine.

Seconded on the "not for faint of heart", and my guess is that it
would take something like 24 hours to compile a binary inside
lilydev.

If you seriously seriously want to compile lilypond binaries,
install ubuntu natively, preferably on a multi-core machine.  On
my duo-core machine with hyperthreading (i.e. 4 threads at once)
and 3 gigs of RAM, it takes about 12 hours to compile everything.

Cheers,
- Graham