Re: Compile for Mac

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Compile for Mac
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 19:03:35 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Colin Campbell" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:35 PM

On 11-03-12 08:09 AM, Graham Percival wrote:
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 02:47:59PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
If this works for me then I think it would be really helpful to have in
the CG simply because if I can do it, then anyone who had a modicum of
building code experience can do it and won't have to hunt about the
message boards.
Ok, but don't add it to "quick start", or do anything to encourage
new contributors to use this.  New contributors should use
lilydev; trying to walk people through macports and the rest is
just begging for trouble.

Cheers,
- Graham
For the sake of clarity: are we saying that new contributors who run linux natively, as I do at home, or in a VM, as I do in the office, should also be encouraged to run lilydev? That seems a bit cumbersome, and if the push to lilydev is intended only (or mainly) for non-linux using contribs, I'll put together a tweak to the CG to make that plain.

Colin

My understanding is that lilydev is for people like me - longtime windows/mac users who have never touched *nix before but need to be able to compile using the native environment they're familiar with.

--
Phil Holmes