Re: Compile for Mac

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Compile for Mac
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:19:48 +0000

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:35:25AM -0700, Colin Campbell wrote:
> For the sake of clarity: are we saying that new contributors who run
> linux natively, as I do at home, or in a VM, as I do in the office,
> should also be encouraged to run lilydev?

No, people running linux can certainly stick with their own
distro.

>  That seems a bit
> cumbersome, and if the push to lilydev is intended only (or mainly)
> for non-linux using contribs, I'll put together a tweak to the CG to
> make that plain.

What precisely do you want to add?  I think the material on
http://lilypond.org/help-us.html
is pretty clear, but of course I wrote it and it's notoriously
difficult to proof-read your own material.  Is there something
that's unclear there, or on another page?

Cheers,
- Graham