Re: what about simplifying music notation?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: what about simplifying music notation?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:32:56 +0100

Marc Weber <address@hidden> writes:

> I feel that some people playing music only once a year would benefit
> from equal appearance meaning equal intervals.

Only if they are playing an instrument where equal intervals are
represented by equal key distances.

Since that is not the case for most instruments (in particular not for
piano keyboards), they have nothing to gain from a notation matching
better what they hear rather than what they need to play.

--
David Kastrup