Re: Removing Time Signature entirely (not just transparent)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Removing Time Signature entirely (not just transparent)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:41:03 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 6:23 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am working on some highly customized notation for proportionally notated
phase music. I need all of the beats on the page to take up the same
amount of space so that the rhythms can be clearly seen. What I need to do
now is to take away the time signature in the first line entirely (not
just make it transparent). I need to take it away entirely because if I
make it transparent it still takes up space and makes the first line have
a smaller proportional notation than the rest of the lines.

See attached image.

I tried adding the following in the context field but that works for the
bar numbers but not the time signature.

\layout {
\context {
\Score
\remove "Bar_number_engraver"
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
}

Another issue is that I need the time signature there so that I can
control how many beats are on each line but I don't want it to show up at
all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carl
The Time_signature_engraver is part of the staff context, so you need to remove it from that, with something like:

\new Staff \with {
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
}
<<