Re: Removing accidentals from a voice

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: Removing accidentals from a voice
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

> 2 voices, set voiceOne/voiceTwo

Phil,
When using separate voices, I've used:
accN = {
        \once \override Voice.Accidental #'stencil = ##f
        \once \override Voice.Accidental #'X-extent = #'(0 . 0)
}

Then, in whatever voice needs an invisible accidental, it would be:
\accN cs4

I've needed to adjust the X-extent when using this to hide accidentals on
tied notes after line breaks, as the space was still reserved (quite
contrary to other "stencil = ##f" situations). I'm not sure you'll need that
line of code. Just be aware, if that voice has a chord, none of the pitches
in the chord will have accidentals.
David