Re: Piano score and kneed beams

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Piano score and kneed beams
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:54:04 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter O'Doherty" <address@hidden>
Cc: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:14 PM

Thanks James and Phil.
The examples you give are not quite what I'm looking for (at least I can't tweak them to get what I need). The closest is a simple \change Staff command but this only allows notes on one stave at a time. This (http://www.peterodoherty.net/screenshot.png) is what I would like but this isn't perfect either as the notes on the lower stave are on the wrong side of the stems.
Is this possible?
Many thanks again,
Peter

That's a bit weird. The noteheads on the lower staff are the wrong way round!

Anyway, if I was trying to set this within my knowledge of the limitations of LilyPond, I'd set the upper stave as it is, then use the instructions for Cross-staff stems in the Notation Reference to join the lower notes to the upper beams.

--
Phil Holmes