Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:34:24 +0000

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:02:59AM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:

> But I also believe that it will be a great while longer before
> *watching* a robot (or audio speaker) will be as compelling as
> watching a human performer.

BS.  Watching musical robots is *incredibly* interesting, and way
way waaaaay more interesting than a human!

hmm, maybe I've been more affected from working in a Department of
Electrical Engineering than I thought.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham

(seriously!  I mean, you can wonder how much power it uses, and
whether they use wired or wireless transmission, or how many
degrees of freedom each of the joints offers, or... ok, I'll shut
up now.  :)