Re: Roman numerals in my number sequence

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Roman numerals in my number sequence
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 01:04:15 +0100

Right  -- markFormatter needs to be a procedure, so you define it as a
lambda procedure:
\set Score.markFormatter = #(lambda (mark) (fancy-format #f "address@hidden"
mark))
Haven't tested, but this is the general idea.
This lambda procedure needs 2 arguments.
With :
\set Score.markFormatter = #(lambda (mark context) (fancy-format #f "address@hidden" mark))
It works.

Just a comment :
If you use "format" instead of "fancy-format" it works too.
fancy-format doen't seem to be part of guile, so only a function added by Lilypond. I found it in output-svg.scm defined as follow :
(define fancy-format format)
So it is exactly the same !
What the advantage to use fancy-format vs format ?

Gilles