Re: Roman numerals in my number sequence

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Roman numerals in my number sequence
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:32:20 +0100

fancy-format becomes the name for the ice-9 format function.

format becomes the name for ergonomic-simple-format.
So you can see that format is redefined to be simple-format.

Thanks Carl.
All is clearer.
So, by default, you should use "format" and reserve "fancy-format" for specific uses (ie for advanced developpers who know what they do). For those who want more infos about "format", here are 2 links (no so easy to find, for me at least) :

simple-format :
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#Writing
format :
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#Formatted-Output