Re: 2.13.54 breaks NoteNames vertical spacing

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: 2.13.54 breaks NoteNames vertical spacing
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 09:25:12 -0400

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith OHara" <address@hidden>

Thanks!  The staff-affinity setting restores the old behavior.  FWIW,
I had to use the \with syntax to get it to actually compile.

        \context NoteNames \with {
            \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #UP
        } {  \notes }

The system-system-spacing change had no effect, AFAICT.

Making staff-affinity to default to #UP seems sensible to me.  Oh, and
congrats to the development team; compared to 2.12.3,  2.13.54 does a
noticeably better job  of making good trade-offs between note spacing
(horizontally) and lyric syllable spacing.

Cheers,
Mike