Re: Help with changing notehead glyph

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Help with changing notehead glyph
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:16:27 -0700

pkx166h wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to use one of the note glyphs as listed in the NR section

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/the-feta-font#special-
notehead-glyphs

I have tried a combination of \overrides but cannot seem to get the glyph
I'd like - in fact nothing changes

So for example in a \context { \Voice { }} I added

        \override NoteHead #'glyph-name = #'"noteheads.u2do"

But it didn't do anything (I didn't get an error, so at least I know that
my formatting of the command is correct if not the interface/grob)

I also looked in font-table.ly (which is where the page is generated from)
it wasn't obvious what to use.

maybe

   \override NoteHead #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
           (grob-interpret-markup grob
             (markup #:musicglyph "noteheads.u2do")))

which i found i-don't-know-where!

The exact note-head you were looking for is part of Shape Note notation.
If you look for that part of the documentation (I got to it simply by
searching for the word "shape"), it explains how to turn the shape notes
on and off for your score, if that was what you wanted to do. To get
just one of these notes, and to leave the rest of your score untouched,
it will be better to use Eluze's (or a similar) solution.

--
David