Re: Resetting bar count and showing alternate fingering

From: Javier Ruiz-Alma
Subject: Re: Resetting bar count and showing alternate fingering
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:36:57 -0700 (PDT)

Thank You for the pointers Kieren and Robin,

Concatenating fingering commands to show alternate fingerings worked like a charm (i.e. "c8-2-3" ).  Thank You!

On the passages that had incomplete last bars, I tried \cadenzaOn and \partial.  These worked to override the automatic bar generator but both methods seemed to fail for me in one respect:
The notation for accidentals was not correctly displayed in following measures, with additional natural accidentals getting added by lilypond to the following measure when the bar change should've reset these, and also accidentals carrying over to the next bar and lilypond suppressing the accidental symbol when it should be shown.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
The methods of increasing time (i.e. c8*3) or add skip notes to fill the remaining time of the measure worked for the bars and accidentals, but had the undersired side-effect of adding blank spaces at the end of the measure.
Since the original score doesn't show time signatures, I opted to globally hide time signatures and switch them arbitrarily using "\time x/y" command according to the note counts on each incomplete bar .  This seemed to work well and the following bars displayed accidentals per the default convention.

Best Rgds, Javier