Re: Re: strange instrument name bug

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Re: strange instrument name bug
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:38:05 +0100

2011/3/23 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden>:
> Hello Francisco,
>   Does this work? I can't know it from my pdf reder's txt conversion. Or
> must I x-offset the instr name of grand staff to -1 or -2?

In your score you need \paper{ left-margin=1.5\cm } as a minimum,
otherwise shortInstrumentNames run out of the page.

As for the clash, I find very difficult to decide what to do here.
The standard place for both names is where they currently are, what is
extraordinary is to have an odd amount of staves with names in a group
that has also a name.  For a textual schematic mind-diagram (not
music) I'd put the brace with its name at the left end, then names of
sub concepts at the right side of the brace. Maybe what you need is a
generous left margin together with a big padding for the brace, enoguh
for staff names to fit at its right side, all bracketed by the brace,
hope I'm explaining well.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com