LilyPond 2.12.3 and Fonts in Debian Squeeze

From: Tiresia Giuno
Subject: LilyPond 2.12.3 and Fonts in Debian Squeeze
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:22:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

not sure this is the right place to ask the following question, but I
hope that someone knows more about this issue.

I'm running LilyPond 2.12.3 on Debian Squeeze. I can compile my files
with no problems but if I change the font size I get an almost empty PDF
file. It does not happen with every font size. For example setting
#(set-global-staff-size 14) returns a PDF file containing just stems,
beams and slurs (no noteheads, no clef, no dynamics)

Compiling the same file with LilyPond 2.12.3 in MacOSX works.

Thanks in advance!
Tiresia

P.S. By the way, I tried yesterday to post my first message to the lilypond-user
mailing list but it was rejected by the list moderator with the reason that I am
not a subscribed to the list.

I don't understand what is wrong. I subscribed to the list a couple of
weeks ago (and I get regularly all messages of the list members).