Re: Notes lining up, and warnings

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: Notes lining up, and warnings
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:28:53 +1100

>>>>> "Father" == Father Gordon Gilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Father> Can someone help me here?  On this Anglican chant , in the
Father> tenth measure (end of the first section of verse two) the
Father> melody notes are 1/2 notes and the harmony notes are whole
Father> notes, yet in my pdf viewer, they are not lined up as I would
Father> like them.  I've tried in LilyPondTool to shift them a bit,
Father> but it doesn't seem to be working for some reason.  (It
Father> introduces a horiz. shift expression into the line, but it
Father> seems to have no effect.)

The problem is that the tenor and bass parts cross over here.
Lilypond offsets one of them to show this.

If you make the bass line stay below the tenor line all the way then
the line-up is perfect.

I found some of the formatting a bit strange --- but here's hwhat I
adjusted to get a result.  you may want to change it!