Re: Notes lining up, and warnings

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Notes lining up, and warnings
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:52:24 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Father Gordon Gilbert" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 11:48 PM
Subject: Notes lining up, and warnings

Can someone help me here?  On this Anglican chant , in the tenth
measure (end of the first section of verse two) the melody notes are
1/2 notes and the harmony notes are whole notes, yet in my pdf viewer,
they are not lined up as I would like them.  I've tried in
LilyPondTool to shift them a bit, but it doesn't seem to be working
for some reason.  (It introduces a horiz. shift expression into the
line, but it seems to have no effect.)

I see you have your shift problem fixed. The problem causing your error messages is that the {} braces for your midi block aren't matched - you're missing a closing brace.

You can move things around the page with the \translate command.  This:

\markup{
 \translate #'(12 . 0)

will shift your text - too far to the right in fact - but you get the idea.

--
Phil Holmes