Combining NoteHead and Stem stencils for rotation

From: mike
Subject: Combining NoteHead and Stem stencils for rotation
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:14:05 -0400

Hey all,

I'd like to rotate a note head and its stem in one fell swoop.

This seems rather nightmarish to do.  I can envision two solutions:

(1)     Combine the stem stencil with its notehead stencil and then make the
notehead transparent.  Then, rotate this uberstencil.
(2)     Do trig on the stem to translate it after having rotated the notehead
(or vice versa).

Both of these options seem not easy, but option 2 seems more feasible.  In
order to do this, though, I'd have to spend a fair bit of time doing the math
and work with different unit systems for X and Y (I think).

Before I start on this, can anyone think of a quick & easy way to do this
rotation?

Cheers,
Mike