Re: numbered rests in parts

From: Bernhard Ott
Subject: Re: numbered rests in parts
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:01:24 +0200

On 30.03.2011 17:31, Laurens van der Wee wrote:
\compressFullBarRests
cheers,
laurens.

On 30 mrt 2011, at 17:50, Bernhard Ott wrote:

Hi again,
I wonder if there is an automated way to produce numbered full-measure rests
like shown in the attachment?
R1^\markup "1" does not come in too handy when setting parts for percussion
with loads of rests.

Hi Laurens,thanks for your reply, but I this is not what I'm looking for:
on the picture you can see a way of letting the musician keep counting while
reading the cue notes - IMHO a great way of writing cue notes in parts,
especially for drummers and other guys that are used to counting hundreds of
bars through long opera nights.

I'm no "schemer", but it can't be too hard:
expand the multi-measure rest and count from 1 to max duration ... but too hard
for me because I don't know where to start ...

But, yes: sure I can live without it ;-)

Cheers,
Bernhard