Re: Last line doesn't wrap

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Last line doesn't wrap
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 09:28:27 -0600

On 4/2/11 7:22 PM, "Paul Nocero" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I'm not top posting.
>
> This is my first use of LilyPond and it seems to work well, except for the
> problem noted here.  I'm creating a simple song with words and guitar chords,
> and the final line does not appear to wrap, but runs off the bottom of the
> page.  I've tried many variations of the input, but I can't seem to get around
> the problem.

This kind of question should be asked on -user, not on bug-.  I realize
you're new, and I'm not mentioning this to be angry with you, but to teach
you.  I've copied to -user for the archives.

> I'm sorry I am submitting such a big file, but the problem goes away if I
> don't
> include all components that are needed (music, words and chords).

Since you can't reproduce it with a tiny file, we can't accept it as a bug
report, even if it were a bug.   By asking on user, you'll bet the help you
need.

> Here's my input file:

A final line not wrapping virtually always means that a note is carried
across a bar line, so there is no place for lilypond to make a break.

May I suggest that you put barchecks in your code.  You'll probably end up
with a barcheck warning when you compile your file.  That will tell you
where to fix it.

HTH,

Carl