irregular semi French score, how to accomplish?

From: 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng
Subject: irregular semi French score, how to accomplish?
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:03:30 +0800 (CST)

Hello,
  I had my mother look at my full score of the overture, and then compared with some other published scores. She found that my French score leaves many blank spaces at the bottom of some pages, while other scores always use blank staves to fill in. For example, the following Webern piece:
http://imslp.org/wiki/6_Pieces_for_Large_Orchestra,_Op.6_(Webern,_Anton)
  At a page, the two systems don't need strings, but the first one adds the whole string section with all resting, while the second one doesn't contain it. Also in some scores, the added staves have only blank staves plus label and key, no rests. How to do this in Lilypond?
Regards
Haipeng